Crochet Basket Workshop: SA Dec 9 at 10:30 am
|Availability:||Out of stock|
Need a last-minute gift or a reusable packaging for a gift? This class will guide you through making cute crocheted baskets perfect for gifting or keeping for yourself. The pattern is easy to personalize and works with a variety of yarn weights!
One two hour class
- Chain stitch
- Single crochet
- Double crochet
- Magic ring
- Reading a crochet pattern
Finished basket sizes and yarn amounts:
- Small short (3”/7.5cm across x 41⁄2”/11.5cm tall): approx. 80yds/73m.
- Small tall (3”/7.5cm across x 71⁄2”/19cm tall): approx. 120 yds/110m.
- Medium (33⁄4”/9.5cm across x 2”/5cm tall): approx. 52 yds/48m.
- Medium lid (4”/10cm across x 3⁄4”/2cm deep): approx. 38 yds/35m.
- Large (5”/13cm across x 3”/7.5cm tall): approx. 102 yds/93m.
- Extra large (8”/20cm across x 6”/15cm tall): approx. 350 yds/320m.
- The patterns call for 100-350 yards of DK or light worsted weight yarn depending on the basket you wish to make. We recommend Berroco Pima 100, Kelbourne Woolens Skipper or Mojave, or Blue Sky Fibers Woolstok. This is a great project for Blue Sky Fibers’ mini-hanks if you’re interested in color changes!
- Hooks appropriate for your yarn weight. You may also want to have with you hooks 1-2 sizes smaller than you might normally use
- Tapestry needle
- Optional: Locking markers, buttons, beads, embroidery thread
- Copy of Churchmouse Yarns Crocheted Baskets pattern
Interested in using other weights of yarn?
- For lighter-weight yarns that would create smaller-sized baskets or that you could use double, we recommend, for some sparkle, Miss Babs Estrellita (fingering).
- For heavier-weight yarns that would create larger-sized baskets, we recommend Berroco Remix Chunky or Blue Sky Fibers Woolstok Tweed (Aran weight) or Blue Sky North (bulky)
Be sure to come to the shop early enough to have your supplies purchased and yarn wound before the start of class.