Fair Isle Socks: TU Feb 9, 16 & 23, 7-9 pm
|Availability:||In stock (3)|
This class is in person only. Please read our classes homepage for all COVID-19 restrictions and precautions.
Learn chart reading and colorwork to make these colorful and cozy socks.
Three 2 hour sessions
Skills needed: This class is rated intermediate. Students should be able to knit, purl, have experience working in the round. Previous experience with sock making would be useful.
- Two color knitting
- Chart reading
- Afterthought heel
- Kitchener stitch
- 400 yards of fingering weight yarn for Main Color (MC). We recommend Knerd String.
- 1 skein Spincycle Dyed in the Wool for Contrast Color (CC)
- US Size 1 and 1.5 needles (Choose between DPNs, 9" circular or 32" for magic loop method)
- Waste yarn in fingering or sport weight
- Opening stitch markers
- Copy of pattern Sparks Sock Pattern by Andrea Mowry, available on Ravelry
- Suggested: Highlighter tape or row counter