Intermediate Brioche - Eden Wrap Cardigan: SA Jul 15, 29 & Aug 12, 4-6 pm
|Availability:||In stock (6)|
Ready to take your brioche to the next level? The Eden Wrap Cardigan is a perfect next step with a simple construction that allows us to focus on learning how to increase and decrease in a brioche pattern, as well as techniques for getting a great fit with a brioche fabric.
3 two hour sessions
Please note, this class will meet every other week to allow students to make progress on the more repetitive sections of the pattern between classes.
- Brioche knit stitch (brioche purling won’t be required for this pattern)
- Previous experience with seaming will be helpful, but isn’t necessary
- Brkyobrk increase
- BrLsl & BrRsl decreases
- Techniques for gauging and fitting a brioche garment
- A refresher on mattress stitch if needed
- Optional modification for a snap secured waist rather than the long tie
- Sizes: 1 (2) 3 (4) 5 (6) 7 (8) 9
- Yarn: 632 (700) 763 (872) 920 (1200) 1308 (1438) 1526 yds of DK weight
- We recommend De Rerum Natura Antigone, Manos del Uruguay Milo, Hazel Knits Lively DK, De Rerum Natura Robinson, or Julie Asselin Leizu DK
- Please note that the original pattern is written for a 100% linen yarn, so if you are substituting with a yarn that is not pure linen you will likely need to go up multiple needle sizes to get the correct gauge. The instructor’s sample is done on size 5 needles using Manos del Uruguay yarn.
- Circular needle US 1.5 with length 32” – 47”, or size needed to achieve correct gauge. Circular needle US 2.5 with length 32” – 47”, or a size that is 0.5 mm larger than gauge size needle.
- (2) locking stitch markers or progress keepers
- Tapestry needle
- A copy of the Eden Wrap Cardigan pattern by Kajsa Vuorela Fredriksson
Knit a gauge swatch flat in one color brioche. Wash and lay flat to dry. If you don’t get gauge, please re-swatch in adjusted needle size until the gauge matches the pattern. If you’re not able to match both stitch and row gauge, stitch gauge will be more important for this pattern.