Intro to Fair Isle - Snowfield Cowl: SA Jan 7 & 14, 4-6 pm
|Availability:||In stock (3)|
Interested in trying out stranded colorwork? This cozy cowl is a perfect beginner project, worked in the round and using only two colors. Choose a textured yarn as your contrast color for some extra fluffiness or a smooth ply for crisp colorwork definition. We’ll also cover how to use russian grafting to join the ends into a seamless cowl.
Two 2 hour sessions
- Knitting in the round
- Casting on/Binding off
- Methods for working stranded colorwork
- Russian grafting
- MC 325 yds of DK weight yarn. We recommend Hazel Knits DK, KnerdString DK, WoolDreamers Dehesa de Barrera DK, and Blue Sky Skyland.
- CC 245 yds of DK weight yarn or a fluffy fingering weight. We recommend Woolfolk Täge, Berroco Mochi, or Pasquali Manada held double.
- US 6 24” circular needles. You will need another set of circular needles and a crochet hook of the same size for the Russian grafting.
- Stitch markers
- Tapestry needle
- A copy of the Snowfield pattern by Maxim Cyr