Intro to Lace - Rota Tank: TU Aug 1, 8 & 15, 7-9 pm
|Availability:||In stock (5)|
Excited to learn lace knitting, but feeling a little overwhelmed? The Rota tank top is a perfect project to get started. The simple shape keeps the focus on getting comfortable with new techniques and the repeated architectural motif is very approachable for first time lace knitters.
Three 2 hour sessions
- Knitting and purling
- Working in the round
- Having knit a garment previously is helpful, but not essential
- Reading a lace chart
- Lace increases and decreases
- Swatching for a lace pattern
- Blocking techniques for lace
- Sizes: 37.75” ( 39.38”, 42.25” )( 47.75”, 50.75”, 53.75” )
- Yarn: 500 ( 600, 700 )( 800, 900, 1000 ) m
- We recommend Manos Del Uruguay Milo, De Rerum Natura Robinson, Berroco Pima 100, or Miss Babs Yowza.
- US 6 needles for the main body and US 4 needles for the ribbing.
- Stitch markers
- Cable needle
- A copy of the Rota Tank pattern by Irene Lin
Students should bring in a sweater they currently own (doesn’t need to be hand knit) that fits the way they would like their finished garment to fit.
0 stars based on 0 reviews