Modular Knitting - a workshop with Olga Buraya-Kefelian: SA Feb 4, 2-5 pm
|Availability:||In stock (3)|
This adventurous beginner class is based on Asanagi Wrap or Aranami Shawl design - worked in the modular technique. In this class you will learn the theory of modular knitting and create this stunning ombré wrap of scalloped patterning with yarn of your choice. Students will learn numerous vital techniques as a knitter that will be crucial for your future skill set. Many of the tricks and tips and customization suggestions taught during this class will prove to be a lot of fun as well!
Skills needed: knowing how to cast on, knit and purl.
- Basic theory for Modular knitting
- Various cast on methods and their benefits
- Several ways of picking up stitches on both knit and purl sides
- Different methods of knit and purl decreases
- Numerous tips and tricks on improving your skills with this technique
For Asanagi Wrap:
- 223 yds of fingering weight yarn in 5 (or more) complementary colors. We recommend De Rerum Natura Ulysse, Wooldreamers Dehesa de Barrera Fingering, Blue Sky Fibers Woolstok Light, Pascuali Baby Merino, Kelbourne Woolens Perennial, Knitting for Olive Merino
- US 3 (3.25 mm) short straight or two double pointed needles, or as preferred (or size to obtain gauge)
- Crochet hook size C or D
- Tapestry needle
- Removable marker
- Purchase a copy of Asanagi Wrap before class
For Aranami Shawl:
We recommend De Rerum Natura Ulysse, Wooldreamers Dehesa de Barrera Fingering, Blue Sky Fibers Woolstok Light, Pascuali Baby Merino, Kelbourne Woolens Perennial, Knitting for Olive Merino.
- Fingering weight wool in colors:
- A: 33yds
- B: 77yds
- C: 121yds
- D: 165yds
- E: 209yds
- US 2 (2.75 mm) circular, 36” or longer
- Stitch holders or scrap yarn
- Crochet hook C or D
- Tapestry needle
- Purchase a copy of Aranami Shawl pattern before arriving to class
Work the garter stitch swatch as asked in the pattern to determine the needle size to obtain gauge. Do not cut yarn from the swatch, however wash and block your swatch.