Mosaic Knitting: SA Jan 8 & 15, 12-2 pm
|Availability:||In stock (5)|
Learn how to do mosaic color work! Intimidated by fair isle? Never fear, the slip stitch mosaic technique is for you. Learn this colorwork technique as you knit this lovely cowl or shawl.
Two 2-hour classes
ability to knit, purl and work in the round.
- corrugated ribbing
- mosaic colorwork technique
- pattern reading
- finishing skills
Materials for cowl:
- 400 yards of sport weight yarn, (200 yards each of contrasting colors). We recommend Spincycle Dyed in the Wool paired with de rerum natura Ulysse.
- US#6 (4 mm) 24” circular needles
- tapestry needle
- stitch markers
- copy of the Issa Cowl pattern, available on Ravelry
Materials for shawl:
- 385 yards of DK weight yarn in MC, 300-350 yards in CC. We recommend Harrisville Nightshades as MC and Spincycle Dream State as CC.
- E4 / 3.5 mm crochet hook
- US 4 / 3.5 mm - 40” (100 cm) or longer, circular needles
- US 5 / 3.75 mm - 40” (100 cm) or longer, circular needles
- US 6 / 4.0 mm - 40” (100 cm) or longer, circular needles
- US 7 / 4.5 mm - straight or small circular needles for bind off
- Copy of Promises in the Dark pattern, available on Ravelry
Come to class with the cowl cast on and ready to knit!