Pascuali Merino Baby
|Availability:||In stock (16)|
Pascuali Merino Baby is mulesing-free and the fibre is GOTS-certified. This means that the animals are kept according to ecological standards. Through sustainable farming, woolgrowers are able to protect and regenerate the land, and care for the health and wellbeing of their sheep. The merino sheep that provide the wool graze freely, delivering a new fleece harvest twice a year.
Furthermore, no toxic bleaches, dyes or other chemicals are used in the manufacturing process. The wool is spun and dyed according to their specifications in Italy in a mill which uses traditional machinery and craftmanship and which is also GOTS certified.
Merino wool has several characteristics that make it very popular:
- it is highly breathable,
- has excellent thermoregulating properties,
- it is naturally light and soft,
- it is not scratchy and can be worn directly on the skin, and
- it is hypo-allergenic, making it the perfect choice for even the most sensitive skin.
- Furthermore, Merino Baby is machine washable! No, it is NOT superwash! Pascuali uses an innovative biotechnological wool treatment to modify the scales of the wool. Because of its self-cleaning properties, airing your merino garment out after wearing it will usually do the trick. However, when needed, merino wool can be put in the washing machine using a wool cycle and cold water. It won´t shrink and it won´t wrinkle either!
- 50 gram ball, 220 meters or 240 yards
- Needle size: 3 - 3.5 mm | 3- 4 US | 11 UK
- 30 stitches, 35 rows to 4" (10 cm)
Knitted garments with Merino Baby can be washed in the washing machine at 104°F (40°C). It is advisable to use a mild detergent and choose a delicate cycle. Dry flat, preferably on a terry towel, to avoid stretching. Under no circumstances should you dry it directly on a heat source or in the blazing sun! If necessary, the knitted piece can be ironed at the lowest temperature setting.