Summer T-shirt: SU Apr 16, 23 & 30 at noon
|Availability:||In stock (6)|
Create a light, knitted shirt that’s perfect for warm weather. Anker’s Summer Tee is a classic style that will fit seamlessly into any summer wardrobe.
Three 2-hour classes
Skills needed: Knit, purl, working in the round
- working a yoked sweater
- raglan shaping
- 610 (725, 845, 965, 1085, 1205) yds of DK weight yarn (yarn suggestions: DeRerum Natura Pénélope, Noro Kakigori)
- US#6 (4 mm) 16 and 24 and 32 or 40 inches circular needles (32 is needed for larger sizes; 40 inches is needed for magic loop)
- US#4 (3.5 mm) 32 or 40 inches 32 is needed for larger sizes; 40 inches is needed for magic loop)
- US#6 (4 mm) and US#4 (3.5 mm) double-pointed needles (if the Magic Loop technique is not used)
- Stitch markers, one unique for the BOR
- Purchased copy of Anker’s Summer Shirt by PetiteKnit in the format you prefer (printed copy, smart phone, etc.)
Please note that these needle sizes are suggestions. Use the knitting needle size that will get gauge.
Gauge: 20 sts x 28 rows = 10 x 10 cm [4 x 4 inches] in stockinette stitch on US6 (4 mm) needles after blocking
Before coming to the first class: Make a swatch using your chosen yarn that is worked in the round. Your swatch should be at least 5”X 5” when measured flat. Change needles as necessary to get as close to pattern gauge as possible. Be sure to block your swatch as you plan to wash your shirt. Read the entire pattern, then choose a size based on the ease you prefer. Bring all materials to the first class.
((photo credit is PetiteKnits))