Sweater Independent Study
|Availability:||In stock (3)|
Have a special sweater on your mind for 2020? Want to take the plunge but nervous about flying solo? Let’s do it together in this one month independent study!
Four 2-hour sessions
Must have previously made a sweater.
- selecting the proper pattern size
- finishing Skills
- how to plan and manage large knitting projects
- Pattern, which must be submitted to instructor prior to the start of class. Pattern must be in worsted, DK or sport weight yarn.
- yarn in the appropriate quantity for the desired size of finished sweater.
- appropriately sized needles per selected pattern for swatching. Additional needles, if necessary, can be purchased after initial class meeting.
- stitch markers
- darning needles
- Students are to provide at least one gauge swatch, 6x6”, attempting to match pattern gauge. (If first attempt does not match, it is recommended that students swatch again)
- Students are to select a sweater pattern in worsted, DK, or sport weight yarn.
- Swatches should be measured prior to washing and blocking, and be brought to class having been washed and blocked.
*Pattern shown is the Throwback by Andrea Mowry.