The Cocoknits Sweater Method: SU Feb 6, 13, 20 & 27, 2-4 pm
|Availability:||In stock (5)|
Learn to knit a beautiful, tailored, seamless topdown sweater using Julie Weisenberger’s Cocoknits Sweater Workshop. This method produces a sweater that is modern, stylish, fun to knit, and fits!
Four 2-hour classes
Skills needed: Intermediate/Advanced class. Students should be able to knit, purl, increase and decrease, and work in the round. Previous experience in knitting a sweater is helpful.
- Cocoknits Sweater method for creating the yoke and tailored set-in sleeves
- Special increases for a seamless appearance
- Use of the color-coded Cocoknits worksheet
- Finishing techniques
- How to choose a pattern, ease, and sizing for the best fitting sweater
- Cocoknits Sweater Workshop (book) by Julie Weisenberger
- Cocoknits stitch markers to fit size US 11 needles (package should include 6 different colors of markers)
- Yarn for your size in the Emma pattern, in Cocoknits Sweater Workshop book, Versions A or C only (suggested yarns: Woolfolk Luft, Manos Cardo, Handspun Hope Organic Merino)
- size US 11 circular needle in both a 40” and either a 24” OR 36” length (or size for you to obtain gauge)
- Size US 7 circular needle, any length, for working bind off
- Size US 0-3 double pointed needle or any length circular for picking up
NOTE: you will need additional needles depending on the style that you knit -those will be purchased after the first class.
Come to class with completed, blocked gauge swatch (12 sts and 18 rows to 4”, suggested needle size US 11) and supplies, including all needles!