Top Down Raglan: TU Apr 6, 13 & 20, 7-9 pm
|Availability:||In stock (6)|
This class is in person only. Please read our classes homepage for all COVID-19 restrictions and precautions.
Using the template of the basic Raglan pattern Eirys (from Ready Set Raglan), students will have the opportunity to choose length of neckline, torso and sleeve length, and type of hemline. Appropriate for both 1st time sweater knitters and those looking to expand their creative boundaries.
Three 2 hour classes
Skills needed: ability to knit in the round, basic pattern reading
- Basic increases and decreases
- top down raglan construction
- picking up and knitting
- finishing techniques
Finished measurements at chest: 36½ (40½, 44½, 48, 51½, 55½, 60, 66½, 72½, 79½)“ - to be worn with approx. 20-30cm / 8-12” positive ease.
- 799 (924, 1028, 1132, 1236, 1340, 1471, 1641, 1739, 1881) yardds of worsted-weight yarn
- Ready Set Raglan book (available at the shop or online here)
- US#6 (4mm) circular needle, 24-60" length depending on size worked
- US#6 (4mm) 16" length
- US#6 (4mm) double pointed needles or 11-12" circular for working small circumferences in the round
- US#7 (4.5mm) circular needle, 24-40" length *or size needed to get gauge
- US#7 (4.5mm) 16" length
- US#7 (4.5mm) double pointed needles or 11-12" circular for working small circumferences in the round
- 5 stitch markers (including one unique for beginning of round)
- scrap yarn or stitch holders
- tapestry needles
Before the first class, knit a gauge swatch to determine what needles are to be used. Students should come to class with materials ready to work. Students may contact the teacher before class begins if they need assistance. Gauge: 18 sts & 28 rows = 10cm / 4” over stocking stitch worked in the round on 4.5mm needles after blocking.