Two at a Time, Magic Loop Socks: MO Apr 12, 19 & 26, 7-9 pm
|Availability:||In stock (2)|
This class is in person only. Please read our classes homepage for all COVID-19 restrictions and precautions.
You will learn the magic loop knitting technique while creating a simple pair of socks knitted from the toe up, with an optional, twinned stitch, short row heel.
three 2-hour sessions
Ability to knit and purl and work in the round. Some previous sock experience is needed or several projects that require working in the round.
- magic loop knitting technique
- turning a short row heel
- working two socks at one time
- 400-450 yards of fingering weight sock yarn divided into two equal weight cakes (or go crazy with the colors as long as you have 2 equal amounts of each yarn)
- US #1 (2.25 mm) or US#1.5 (2.5mm) 40” circular needle
- US #1 (2.25 mm) or US#1.5 (2.5mm) 2 double pointed needles
- tacking cotton thread, waste yarn thread, or row counter
- 2 stitch markers
- tapestry needle
- copies of “Vanilla Socks [Toe up and Afterthought Heel]” and “Fish Lips Kiss Heel”, available on Ravelry
- small amount of fingering weight scrap yarn
- optional – scrap yarn (dk or worsted, and US#5-7 needles of any type to practice techniques)