Introduction to Knitting
|Availability:||Out of stock|
Three 1.5 hour classes
*Please note that our classes are for adults, unless otherwise indicated.
Absolutely none! Our beginner class is ideal for those completely new to the craft or those who haven’t knitted in many years and need a full refresher.
- knit stitch
- purl stitch
- cast on
- bind off
- "tinking" or working back
- common knitting terms
- full fibre education
- 250-300 yards worsted weight wool, wool blend or other natural fiber in a light color. We suggest Berroco Pure Wool, Stonehedge Fiber Mill Shepherd's Wool, Manos del Uruguay Alegria Grande or Neighborhood Fiber Company Studio Worsted and US #8 (5mm) bamboo needles in straight or circular.
- Darning needle or notion kit/set
*We recommend that you do not use metal needles, cotton or acrylic fibers or very dark colors as they make the learning process more difficult.
Optional Reading Materials (one of the following):
- Churchmouse Yarns The Learn-To-Knit Companion
- Interweave Knits Knitter's Companion
- Stitch n Bitch: the Knitters Handbook
Be sure to come to the shop early enough to have your supplies purchased and your yarn wound into balls before the start of class (suggested 15-30 minutes).