Introduction to Rigid Heddle Weaving
|Availability:||In stock (4)|
This class is in person only. Please read our classes homepage for all COVID-19 restrictions and precautions.
Learn the basics of weaving on a rigid heddle loom with this course and make a scarf!
Two three hour sessions
- planning your project
- warping you loom
- preparing your shuttle
- finishing techniques
- working rigid heddle loom 10” or larger. Loom should be assembled and ready to use before class start time. Schacht Cricket Looms are available at the shop.
- shuttle (included with Cricket Loom)
- 8 dent reed/heddle (7.5 dent is acceptable)
- one 400 yard skein of worsted weight yarn or two 200 yards skeins in colors that work well together (we recommend variegated or semi-variegated)
- warping peg (included with the Cricket Loom)
- threading or heddle hook (included with Cricket Loom)
- paper towel cardboard centers to help with warping (we can also provide long sheets of heavy paper)
- scissors, tapestry needle, tape measure
- notebook, pencil and paper